Spartan The Few The Proud Marines Coin
one of the first ever to own this limited edition Marine Corps military
United States Marine Corps since 1775, a year older than the United States of
America, was first born in a small tavern. Tun Tavern. Who could have imagined
that? Tun Tavern is located on Philadelphia's historic waterfront at the corner
of Water Street and Tun Alley leading to Carpenter's Wharf near what is today
known as "Penn's landing." Here small group of highly patriotic
American answered the call and formed a regiment. A regiment that would lead to
the birth of the United States Marine Corps. November 10th 1775.
USMC has always been among the smallest of the military branches but it has
endured as the most ferocious fighting branch of the US Military. Grunts. Jar
Heads. Leathernecks. Devil Dogs. The US Marine has been distinguished as one of
the most highly valued warrior throughout the confrontations, battles and wars
spanning the history of the US. This USMC Spartan the Few the Proud
Marines Coin was created in their honor. There has been a long association
between the Spartans of old, the brave 300 that fought off the Persians faced
with impossible odds. The US Marine is the Spartan renewed and they been etched
into the annals of history as one of the most fierce, highly trained and always
faithful warriors ever. Semper Fidelis!
- The original USMC Spartan The Few The Proud Marines
- Deep 3d relief with metallic accents, gold, red and
- 2 inch coin (4mm thickness)
- Highly detailed relief Commemorative antique silver
with gold accents coin.
- Coins sold individually.
- Due to the popularity of this coin it can be placed on back order. Please note that all orders will be filled and shipped as quickly as possible and USPS tracking information provided. If you would like to learn the status of your order and this coin please feel free to email us at email@example.com for a status.